[lbo-talk] Looking For Laughs

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Tue Jul 31 10:34:28 PDT 2007

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007, Doug Henwood wrote:

> There's the recent Gawker thread in which Alex Balk made some pretty
> harsh Jewish jokes and excited the anger of a Chicago Tribune
> columnist and a Forward editorialist.

That's an interesting illustration of a wider rule that we've heard a million times and it's still true (and we're still not sure what it's worth, but certainly worth mentioning at Dennis's lecture): in this realm as in so many others, the internet is a place where you can freely find the kind of things you couldn't ever find before in the MSM:

http://gawker.com/news/heebie-jeebies/gawker-apologizes-to-the-jews-280395.php

Michael