[lbo-talk] Republic of Texas biker convention in Austin this week

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 2 04:24:12 PDT 2007

>From: "B." <docile_body at yahoo.com>
>
>... This is one thing about the biker community I've never
>understood: Right alongside the Brando-esque leather
>gear and "rebel" image, and a lot of the unadulterated
>sleaziness and, let's face it, sexism of a lot of
>these shindigs, it coexists with this really bizarre
>sentimental patriotism sort of thing. ...

There seems little doubt why the biker community is so riven with self-contradictions: poorly enforced helmet laws.

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ Get a preview of Live Earth, the hottest event this summer - only on MSN http://liveearth.msn.com?source=msntaglineliveearthhm