[lbo-talk] hippest baby bling

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Jun 5 12:18:03 PDT 2007

<http://www.forbes.com/2007/05/24/style-gear-baby-forbeslife- cx_ls_0525baby.html>

Style Feature Hippest Baby Bling Lauren Sherman, 05.25.07, 12:01 AM ET

New mom Paola Canahuati didn't bat an eyelash when forking over nearly $1,000 for her Bugaboo stroller.

That's because she believes certain high-end baby gear is worth the price, particularly when the baby is her own precious, albeit oblivious, 13-day-old, Aristotles.

"For baby clothes, I've tried to be more economical," says Canahuati, 23, who is currently on maternity leave from her position as a proofreader at the United Nations in New York City. "But when it comes to strollers, changing stations and cribs, I'm willing to spend more. I'm going to be using this stuff for two or three years, and I want the best for my baby boy."

Canahuati isn't alone. Heidi Klum's got a Stokke Xplory stroller (most models run around $999), and Michelle Soudry, founder of personalized baby gear website ItsMyBinky.com, sent Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie a $17,000 diamond-encrusted pacifier upon the birth last year of their daughter, Shiloh Jolie-Pitt.

[...]