[lbo-talk] Bush and Foucault - Note on Emerson

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Tue Jun 5 12:45:53 PDT 2007

Carl can build on this. In one of his essays, Emerson has a really wild and beautiful image of leaning over and looking at the world between one's legs -- a different way of seeing things.

Carrol

^^^^^^ CB; Reminds of Marx and Engels standing Hegel on his feet , and off of his head.

Humans are bipedal. But, of course, don't want to reduce us to our genes, or rigidly define our species, so as we know , actually, people could walk on their hands all the time, "overcoming" or "transcending" bipedalism. In fact, we could probably come up with technology for walking on our heads. (Just a little joke on the nature/culture thing I've been thinking of for a while)