[lbo-talk] Dallas could elect its first gay mayor

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Jun 5 14:00:07 PDT 2007

On Jun 5, 2007, at 4:46 PM, Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

> I thought that the delusion of being persecuted, discriminated or
> wronged in one way or another was a prerequisite of being a
> radical, no?

No. Sure there's some crude and silly identitarian stuff, though it was more popular 10-15 years ago than it is now. But what's delusional about discrimiantion by race and sex? How many white people has the NYPD shot by accident? How many white men suffer discrimination in pay and promotion? What's delusional about the idea that capitalists exploit workers and trivialize work? What's delusional about the idea that Africa has gotten a raw deal from the west for the last, oh, 400 years? What, in other words, the fuck are you talking about?

Doug