[lbo-talk] celebrity unit

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 8 16:23:49 PDT 2007

Doug wrote:

>Well she's back in the can, and the prosecutor's pissed at the
>sheriff. Guess Paris will have her nervous breakdown after all.

I was just at that jail again today. There are media people camped out, but not as many as you might expect. I hadn't heard the news and I asked the officer checking me in if Paris was back. She said she had no idea. I think they're afraid to say anything about it, or have been told not to.

>Maybe her sentence is a little harsh, but drunk driving isn't a
>victimless crime.

I think a subtext of what is going on is sending a message to the Sunset Strip clubs that have been serving underage stars. People magazine's cover last week had a shot of Lindsey Lohan passed out in the front seat of a car the day after she got a dui a couple weeks ago. There was an inset photo of her in Parent Trap when she was just a cute little tyke.

My daughter's eight and when I saw those photos I thought "what am I going to do when this shit starts in a few years.?"