[lbo-talk] Nietzsche Selection

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 11 19:26:54 PDT 2007

Whoever here wrote that you can't trust that N wrote "what he really meant" is quite right, since N signals this all over the place and even says it many times. It's best to try to read N straight up by himself, but his work is a maze of mirrors, and it really doesn't hurt to avoid naivete about it, or to seek guidance from people who have tried to make it out in an informed way. Least of all is it wise to read his individual statement snipped out of context.

Whoever earlier trotted out that old canard about Nietzsche being some sort of Nazi who espoused a Master Morality that was a precursor to the Nazi volkish morality on which the Aryans were racial uebermenschen, such that it was mysterious that Jews who lost families in tho Holocaust could find value in him, also that he was an immature adolescent taste that grownup people despise and that he's not worth our attention because he supposedly advocates victor's justice, also that we can blow off Kaufmann because he's an anticommunist individualist, so we need pay attention to his patient arguments that the foregoing is all nonsense, manages to compress into a very small space a great many of the apparently immortal lies and misconceptions about Nietzsche larded on him by his sister and the Nazis. This load of bollocks is hardly worth refuting;l if you believe it, you'll believe anything, but if it is desired I will refute it (again) when I have leisure.