[lbo-talk] Pop Culture: Children of Men

Ismail Lagardien ilagardien at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 9 10:35:55 PDT 2007

While I usually leave predictions to preachers, profits and positivists... There's a line in Dennis' blog about Children of Men which I tend to agree with:

"The air is gray from the smoke of explosions as people literally run for their lives when outside. It appeared all too plausible to me, and I said to the teen, "I hope for you and your brother's sake the world doesn't look like that in 20 years."

She shrugged and replied, "It probably will."

"Yeah. You're probably right."