[lbo-talk] Little Ahmadinejads

Russell Grinker grinker at mweb.co.za
Sun Jun 10 07:55:29 PDT 2007

Do people see this kind of outrageous outlook as a sign of arrogant Israeli self-confidence or rather as an indication that the Israeli ruling elite feels more and more beleaguered and internationally isolated and ready to lash out blindly? I tend towards the latter explanation. This of course does make them all the more dangerous.

Russell

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org]

Little Ahmadinejads

By Gideon Levy <mailto:levy at haaretz.co.il>

<snip> The season for racism, collective punishment and verbal violence is at its height. What was once the reserve of nutcases on the right, the talkbackers and the loony listeners to the call-in radio programs, is now politically correct, in the heart of the consensus, the dernier cri in the violent and overheated Israeli discourse.

<and> This is what we look like. This is our moral portrait.