[lbo-talk] Is this the end of Tony?

bitch at pulpculture.org bitch at pulpculture.org
Mon Jun 11 18:13:11 PDT 2007

I think yo hit on the crux of the difference before. people who are film critics/appreciators watch in entirely diff. ways than cultural studies/sociologist types like doug, dennis, me.

i can take it or leave it, the show. witness that we didn't order cable, tho i'm damn glad i got basic it so I can watch the hotties on women's softball. man, how i missed women's softball, i'll never know. I laid in our bed -- mattress on the floor -- and drooled all over the sheets a couple of weeks ago!

i never id'd with a characters very much, but i do gotta say that, it's hard to imagine any other actor than gandolfino as tony. and yeah, the sexy bit. go fucking figger. but what that show is doing is making you find him attractive because women do -- not because he is attractive according to *you*. in other words, the show makes you desire tony by observing the desire of women in the show. (this is not at all an unusual phenom in general. how often have you not seen someone as particularly attractive, but when you observed others desiring them, you did? hmmm hmmm HMMMMM?)

and then you see some of the love making scenes -- liek the blow job on the birthday one -- and you -- at least i thought -- eeeeeuuuuw. you can't picture tony laying back and enjoying massage, ball licking, ass tonguing or any host of thingss you might to as teasing prelude. let alone that he'd tolerate (and learn to see how great the orgasms are!) as you shift back and forth between attention to the cock and the rest of the body. you know that tony is totally boring: he wants you to wrap your mouth around him, grip the base and suck. none of that other shit.

but one thing you do know about tony is that he likes a finger up his eyes while he's getting blown. you djust never talk about it.

The first rule for Soprano blowjobs is....

(seriously, i know you love me Bryan)