[lbo-talk] My summer vacation/Russian computer games

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 14 13:51:06 PDT 2007

>From: Chris Doss <lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com>
>
>...I also got Sherlok Holmz i Sekret Ktulkhu (Sherlock
>Holmes and the Secret of Cthulhu, which in English I
>think is called SH: The Awakened). What a great
>premise for a game, marrying Doyle and Lovecraft ....

I was interested recently to learn of the Russian interest in Sherlock Holmes and have seen high praise for the Russian TV series of the Holmes stories that was produced 1979-86. I would have to assume that there are English-subtitled versions of programs available, since they were reportedly well liked by both Queen Elizabeth and Margaret Thatcher, neither of whom I would suspect of being fluent in Russian. In fact, the actor who played Holmes, Vasily Borisovich Livanov, was awarded the Order of the British Empire.

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ Get a preview of Live Earth, the hottest event this summer - only on MSN http://liveearth.msn.com?source=msntaglineliveearthhm