[lbo-talk] High Hat (Was Re: Taibbi (was Re: Fwd: Antioch College Closing!))

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 19 08:33:46 PDT 2007

Wait a second -- I've already addressed the "you missed the joke" aspect of this and ignored the "Russian homophobia" baiting, but where's the sex stuff in Dante? Beatrice/Dante have the total courtly love relationship going on. She's practically immaterial, literally.

--- andie nachgeborenen <andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I dunno why gays should have to keep their sex lives
> to themselves any more than straights. The movies,
> drama, literature, and arts are saturated with sex
> from Homer to Dante, Chaucer, Shakespeare (also lots
> of gay stuff), Milton, and Donne, Rabelais, Tolstoi
> Flaubert, etc. Never mind popular song. ("Bird do
> it,
> bees it it . . "" oops ! That was also by a queer!)
> You are acquiring Russian homophobia.

Lyubo, bratsy, lyubo, lyubo, bratsy, zhit!

ËÞÁÎ, ÁÐÀÒÖÛ, ËÞÁÎ, ËÞÁÎ, ÁÐÀÒÖÛ, ÆÈÒÜ!

____________________________________________________________________________________ TV dinner still cooling? Check out "Tonight's Picks" on Yahoo! TV. http://tv.yahoo.com/