[lbo-talk] Sports and politics (Was: A question regardinglistmemberidentities...)

John Adams jadams01 at sprynet.com
Tue Jun 19 09:21:49 PDT 2007

On Jun 19, 2007, at 9:57 AM, Marvin Gandall wrote:

> You'll recall the CP publications, at their zenith, had lively sports
> sections. They quite properly saw nothing wrong with covering the
> commercial
> leagues, though of course they encouraged their readers - as a healthy
> society would do - to get out and play rather than just watch. I think
> that
> was the right attitude to have.

I think I might've known this at one time, but had forgotten it. Anyway, a question: Was the coverage in a separate sports section, or was it subsumed into entertainment generally? If one were editing a similar publication today, is that how you'd do it? I probably would, but then, I'm an odd editor.

All the best,

John A