[lbo-talk] Wall Street Noir

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Jun 19 11:22:40 PDT 2007

On Jun 19, 2007, at 1:27 PM, Dennis Claxton wrote:

> I mentioned Akashic Books here yesterday and last night I got a copy
> of their latest, an anthology called Wall Street Noir. Here's the
> first question of an interview with the editor from the Akashic
> website and his bio from his own website. Most of the contributors
> to Wall Street Noir have related backgrounds:

I may have one or two contributors to this volume on the radio soon.

Akashic, by the way, is run by Johnny Temple, an excellent fellow who was in the band Girls Against Boys. Geffen gave them a big advance during the indie bubble of the late 1990s, and Johnny put some of his windfall into the publishing house. Aside from publishing fine books (including Joel Schalit's), Johnny got Liza & me into Joe's Pub to see megahottie Gina Gershon when she was touring as a rock n roller; Johnny was in her backup band. I'm forever grateful.

Doug