[lbo-talk] Sun beams from billionaire's behind

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Jun 20 15:28:33 PDT 2007

On Jun 20, 2007, at 6:14 PM, Michael Smith wrote:

> I think it worked out very well. It denied the Democrats a victory.
> True, like
> the Bourbons, they've still learned nothing and forgotten nothing,
> and for
> the same reason, but perhaps if we keep doing it to them they will
> fall apart
> and clear the ground.

For what? Just what are the Dems blocking? The revolutionary urge of the masses? When they fall, this frustrated and hitherto unexpressed revolutionary urge will spontaneously organize itself into a party and program? If there were all this bottled-up lust for transformative politics, why couldn't Ralph break 5%?

Doug