[lbo-talk] Capitalism and Religious Fundamentalism

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Thu Jun 21 13:12:36 PDT 2007

Joanna:

The free market is a dizzying fall and endless confusion for all but the real upper crust.

Fundamentalism gives you a secure and comforting straightjacket and relives you of the torment of choice.

[WS:] I love choice, markets (the free-wheeling Grand Bazaar in Istanbul is my favorite), uncertainly, ambiguity and shades of grey. Certitude and cock-sure people give me the creeps. Yet I am anything but the upper crust. In fact, I am the riff raff by their standards.

Wojtek