[lbo-talk] Israel's Roaring Economy (correct link)

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Jun 22 11:27:27 PDT 2007

On Jun 22, 2007, at 12:47 PM, Jonathan Nitzan wrote:

> Assuming we accept the Keynesian rationale, why should the multiplier
> for industrial goods be higher than for services?

According to the U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis, the multipliers for manufacturing are considerably higher than services. And within manufacturing, the multipliers are higher for some of the old- fashioned stuff than the new-fangled. E.g.:

manufacturing 2.43

motor vehicles 2.89

textiles 2.69

computers 2.62