[lbo-talk] Iran's Youth Movements

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Tue Jun 26 08:37:20 PDT 2007

Ravi:

Count me in the group with the time, patience and interest to read Yoshie's posts. After all, they are some of the most content-rich and invective free, and anything but one-way: I just did a count of my

[WS:] I concur, except perhaps the one way part. Yoshie seems to be very stubborn insisting on her own point of view and reluctant to give any ground to her intellectuals opponents. In that respect she reminds me of my ex #2 who had good politics, but she would dig in her heels to the point of being ridiculous even to the people who were generally on her side. And of course her self-loathing and prostrating herself before the "global South" undermines her credibility quite substantially and looks pretty much infantile - this is what adolescents do to piss off their parents and teachers.

But other than that - I find the stuff that she posts quite informative, albeit a bit too long. My only suggestion would be to summarize the main points and their relevance to the argument at hand and only making references to originals - instead of re-posting originals verbatim. This, imho, would not only make her arguments far more effective, but also be more tolerable to those with low tolerance for propagandistic diatribes.

Wojtek