[lbo-talk] Iran's Youth Movements

ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Wed Jun 27 09:44:08 PDT 2007

On 27 Jun, 2007, at 12:26 PM, Dennis Claxton wrote:

>> Regarding the Iran thing: it is a bit puzzling/amusing to me that
>> those who criticise the Iranian "regime" have little or nothing to
>> write about the neo-lib development in India as it completes its
>> transformation from political "goonda raj" to capitalist goonda raj.
>>

> Start sending the list 20,000 words a day about how swimmingly things
> are going in India and see what happens.

Heh! I suggest you search the archives ;-). The truth is hardly that. Everyone clamours about Iran because BushCo have made it the topic du jour and Doug Ireland and others post endlessly about it on the net. India gets a free pass because there is a wishy-washy sentimentality about India among Western leftists. Though India, as it is currently evolving, is a much more serious threat (particularly in an ideological sense) since it is re-validating the neo-lib model (with attendant Reaganite clichés), coupled with a dangerous naiveté about markets, capitalism, corporatism, consumption, etc, the lessons of which [significant segments of] the West is only now beginning to learn.

--ravi