[lbo-talk] Sicko

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Thu Jun 28 14:29:54 PDT 2007

Jerry Monaco wrote:

> I don't think you are trying to sound like a reverse snob but that is
> what you sound like. Which is why I ask... what is your point?

My point is the points I made. I don't see any reason to say anything else until I've seen the movie.

In this movie, Moore is supposedly playing the advocate and truth-exposer for the middle class. His last two movies were more of an attack on powerful people. He's been up front about how Sicko portrays the plight of those with health insurance, i.e. middle class people who can mostly afford health insurance.

The movie isn't about those of us without health insurance. At least Moore isn't trying to speak on our behalf, or use us in some gimmick against the powerful. But my interest in seeing this movie dropped after I heard that it wasn't going to talk about those os us who are insured. This movie sounds like a Moveon documentary for white liberals who want a better health care system for themselves. Sure, they'll say that everybody should have universal health care, but they won't lift a finger to make universal health care happen.

It's been around 15 years since the Clintons caved into to big health care. Where has the outrage been from these middle class people with health care?

What is Moore's point when he shows that healthcare is free around the world? Is he living in like 1985? The conservatives have already spread propaganda about the countries with free healthcare to their sheep.

God, I hope this movie has some stronger barbs than some obvious stuff about other countries having free health care.

Chuck