[lbo-talk] Sicko

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Thu Jun 28 17:42:37 PDT 2007

Chuck wrote:

> God, I hope this movie has some stronger barbs than some obvious stuff
>
>about other countries having free health care.

It's one thing to "hear" that other countries have free health care; it's still another to see it and see real live people and doctors talking about it.

I have always known about socialized medicine, but I rediscovered it on a visceral level when, on a vacation in Spain, I actually needed medical care. I was able to see a doctor within 20 minutes of realizing I needed one and I was able to get all the treatment I needed within another 20 minutes. The whole experience was such a mind-blowing relief, that I do believe I got better just from the experience of that process....compared to the U.S.A.

Moore is going to get MILLIONS of people to see a movie that is going to actually tell the truth about our current system and also tell the truth about alternative systems that work. And all those MILLIONS of people are going to be sitting next to each other in public spaces and will be talking to other people about one of the most important issues governing our lives.

There is NO ONE ELSE that has come even close to doing this -- there is NO such reporting in any of the mainstream media -- so, personally, I want to kiss his boots for doing this in an election year.

Yes, I want obvious stuff and lots of it.

Joanna