[lbo-talk] Larry King transcript with Paris Hilton

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 28 15:09:47 PDT 2007

At least the public learned the part about Paris Hilton's special treatment was ultimately correct.

Her "medical problem" was "claustropobia," and also Attention Deficit Disorder. Apparently ADD makes jail a living, intolerable hell? (A diagnosis of ADD, meaning the prescription of Adderal, is one of the few remaining legal ways to be a crackhead in the US; the poorer you are, the less likely you'll be diagnosed with ADD, I'm pretty sure, because the diagnosis means you'll probably get the 4-amphetamines-in-1, appetite suppressant pill known as Adderall that is also a Schedule 2 controlled substance, like cocaine.)

From: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0706/27/acd.01.html

"LISA BLOOM, COURT TV ANCHOR: Well, according to the 'L.A. Times' study, which looked at thousands of people just like her, who had a DUI, and then violated their probation afterwards by driving, she did, in fact, serve more time. The problem is that she wasn't released because of overcrowding. She was released for this medical condition, which now we find out is claustrophobia. And there ain't nobody else who was released because of claustrophobia."

-B.

wrote:

>>> HILTON: This is one of the notes that I wrote.
[reads