[lbo-talk] Nietzsche

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 29 10:16:58 PDT 2007

Basically N.'s fans
> are saying that N. discovers and deals with
> important issues that are
> "beyond" class analysis.

Is that what I said? No, I said that Nietzsche has a form of class analysis that integrates psychology into the story in a way that historical materialists would learn from. Among other things. he does talk about a lot of things that are beyond class analysis, and and he does also insightful address a lot of things that are "beyond class analysis," or that class analysis does not fully and exhaustively illuminate or most usefully explain. That does not mean that class analysis is not itself (depending on the version involved) true, important, useful, but it is not the only story to be told, and Marx's version(s) -- there are at least two -- both lack the psychological dimension.

Marxist are like me are
> saying we don't see where
> N. pronounces any issues that are as he and his fans
> claim they are.

Is that because your view is that only Marx and Marxists have anything worthwhile to day about anything? Just as asking. Some people do hold this view.

____________________________________________________________________________________ Shape Yahoo! in your own image. Join our Network Research Panel today! http://surveylink.yahoo.com/gmrs/yahoo_panel_invite.asp?a=7