[lbo-talk] The Nation Does Venezuela

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 30 10:35:36 PDT 2007

--- Yoshie Furuhashi <critical.montages at gmail.com> wrote:

> When "social democrats of mediocre caliber" take a
> break from the hard
> work of helping the empire destroy the Middle East's
> only republican
> democracy, what do they do? They get on the case of
> Venezuela.
> Naturally.

Having lived outside of the West for some time, I am struck by the apparent need Western publications have to make normative comments on events in other people's countries (cf. the strange concept of the newspaper editorial -- why the hell does the WSJ or whatever need to have a position on events in Zimbabwe or indeed anything?). It's strange. Russians don't do that. I guess the Soviets did though. (Do Japanese?)

____________________________________________________________________________________Ready for the edge of your seat? Check out tonight's top picks on Yahoo! TV. http://tv.yahoo.com/