[lbo-talk] Obama's ancestors had slaves

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 2 12:55:46 PST 2007

In addition, if one goes back on the African side, it's reasonably likely that virtually any Africa-American had black slaveowning ancestors in Africa from when slavery was the normal practice there.

In yesterday or today's paper some idiot actually raised the proposition that having had slaveowning ancestors make make Obama less understanding, I forget the precise word used, of the situation of black Americans.

Say what you like about the fellow and distrust and dislike him as much as you please for being a spineless weasel, he doesn't seem to be able to get a fair shake on the race issue. Either he's too black or not black enough

<http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/nationworld/politics/bal-te.obama02mar02,0,3453027.story?coll=bal-home-headlines>