[lbo-talk] Obama's ancestors had slaves

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 3 09:03:30 PST 2007

Bristol Radical History Group presents SLAVERY: THE HIDDEN HISTORY

March 2007 marks the 200th anniversary of the abolition of the British slave trade. While political reformers like William Wilberforce are traditionally celebrated, less is known about the mass movements which forced the hand of Parliament.

Bristol Radical History Group has planned a program of events to celebrate the real history of abolition. In a series of public lectures, films, and social events entitled 'SLAVERY: THE HIDDEN HISTORY' we will highlight the links between Bristol industry and the slave trade, the radical black abolitionists, the slaves who abolished slavery, and throughout we will question why this history has been hidden.

[...]

http://www.brh.org.uk/