[lbo-talk] barbaric (was Marxism and religion)

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Mar 3 15:25:37 PST 2007

On Mar 3, 2007, at 6:09 PM, joanna wrote:

> I was talking about shopping. SHOPPING.

According to the BLS's American TIme Use Survey <ftp://ftp.bls.gov/ pub/news.release/atus.txt>, we USers spend .80 hours a day shopping (which includes things like haircuts and pedicures too) - .63 for me, .96 for women. But on any day, only 46% of us - 40% of men and 51% of women - shop.

But that's only about 15% of the time that people spend on "leisure and sports." Half of that is watching TV.

Doug