[lbo-talk] progress

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 17:08:29 PST 2007

> On Mar 5, 2007, at 7:03 PM, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:
>
> > White guys from small towns are the type of Americans who tend to be
> > most overlooked by American leftists, most of whom prefer urban
> > living.
>
> By the way, roughly 1/4 of Americans live in rural areas, and 3/4 in
> metro areas (1/4 urban, 1/2 suburban). So why is a minority of the
> pop so appealing to you?

Who is appealing* to me is not the issue here. I'm simply laying out the facts about military demographics. There are leftists involved in counter-recruitment work. Dennis Claxton mentioned AFSC, for example.

If they are following Mike Davis, et al.'s take and concentrating their work on youth of color in inner cities, they are not spending their time and energy in places they are most needed.

* As far as appeal is concerned, there is no one as appealing to me as the Iranian people. :->

از فارسی خوشم میآید چون فارسی شکر است I like Persian because Persian is sweet.**

** "Persian Is Sweet" is the title of the first modern Persian short story, written by Mohammad Ali Jamalzadeh in 1921. The title is also more literally translated as "Persian Is Sugar." Read it at <http://www.angelfire.com/rnb/bashiri/Stories/persiansugar.html>. -- Yoshie <http://montages.blogspot.com/> <http://mrzine.org> <http://monthlyreview.org/>