[lbo-talk] progress

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 18:40:40 PST 2007

> On Mar 5, 2007, at 7:58 PM, Carrol Cox wrote:
>
> > The way to radicalize small-town whites would be to organize around
> > military bases or in the large cities where military pass through, not
> > in the small towns they come from.
>
> Yeah, is anyone doing that now?

Leftists in Fayetteville, North Carolina appear to be well organized (cf. <http://www.ncpeacejustice.org/>), but I'm not sure if they are organizing around Fort Bragg in the sense of being able to reach soldiers based there.

<http://www.cr.nps.gov/nagpra/DOCUMENTS/BasesMilitaryMAP.htm> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_military_bases>

Military bases are often towns unto themselves, and many of them are in the South.

Whether you try to approach men and women before they sign up for the military or after that, there still are gaps between where leftists are concentrated and where current and future soldiers are found. -- Yoshie <http://montages.blogspot.com/> <http://mrzine.org> <http://monthlyreview.org/>