[lbo-talk] US consumption (was barbaric?)

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Tue Mar 6 10:16:25 PST 2007

Andy F wrote:

>On 3/6/07, James Heartfield <Heartfield at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>

>>It is true, of course, that I know Britain, where people are a lot better
>>off than they were 15 years ago, and generally better off each generation
>>than they were the previous.

That's funny, that's not what I see as I return to Britain every eight years or so. I see increasing polarization of wealth, I see increasing depression. In fact, the last time I was in London, which used to be my favorite city in the world, it was so depressing, the public spaces were so neglected, I decided it would probably be my last time in London.

Joanna