[lbo-talk] US immiseration

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Mar 7 06:07:27 PST 2007

On Mar 7, 2007, at 4:34 AM, James Heartfield wrote:

> How much worse off you are in the US:

Yyou picked 1975, the trough of a recession, to compare with 2007, the fifth year of an expansion, so the unemployment comparison is bogus. In any case, no one claimed that U.S. living standards are going to hell. The claim, at least the way I'd make it, is that few of the benefits of rising productivity have gone to the working class - instead, we're working harder for little or no gains in real income.

Ok, signing off on this one,

Doug