[lbo-talk] US immiseration

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Wed Mar 7 09:47:27 PST 2007

Doug Henwood wrote:

>Yyou picked 1975, the trough of a recession, to compare with 2007,
>the fifth year of an expansion, so the unemployment comparison is
>bogus. In any case, no one claimed that U.S. living standards are
>going to hell. The claim, at least the way I'd make it, is that few
>of the benefits of rising productivity have gone to the working class
>- instead, we're working harder for little or no gains in real income.

Thanks for the due diligence in replying to James dishonest posts.

With these kinds of discussions though, what might be most interesting is what is never mentioned.

I would be curious about James' personal experience and social position that leads him to see nothing but blue skies ahead. I assume that anyone who argues his position must at least be personally profiting from business as usual; so I'm curious James, statistics aside, what leads you to believe that life is so sweet and getting sweeter?

Joanna