[lbo-talk] 200 greatest albums of all goddamned time!

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Wed Mar 7 18:12:13 PST 2007

Doug Henwood wrote:
> [I have like five or six of them...]
>
> The National Academy of Recording Merchandisers (NARM) and Rock and
> Roll Hall of Fame unveiled their list of "The Definitive 200"
> yesterday - 200 albums that every music lover should own.
>
> <http://www.definitive200.com/200_list.php>

Wow! A craptacular list of corporate schlock, er, rock.

Let me guess: the people who compiled this list are white people over the age of 40. Where is the reggae, world music, punk, dance, bluegrass and other genres of music?

The Dixie Chicks have 3 albums on this list? Well, at least REO Speedwagon didn't make the cut.

No Fugazi? No Dead Kennedys? No Ramones?

This is an official site?

The webmaster gets an D- for making this list easy to browse and search. Every skilled webmaster knows that when you are presenting a list on a website, you put one item per page and surround it with advertising. You get extra credit if you put the list in a Flash-based slideshow that has a clik-thru speed incompatible with the speed that people read and view the material.

;-)

Chuck