[lbo-talk] 200 greatest albums of all goddamned time!

Matt lbo4 at beyondzero.net
Wed Mar 7 18:36:24 PST 2007

On Wed, Mar 07, 2007 at 08:12:13PM -0600, Chuck wrote:
> Doug Henwood wrote:
> > [I have like five or six of them...]
> >
> > The National Academy of Recording Merchandisers (NARM) and Rock and
> > Roll Hall of Fame unveiled their list of "The Definitive 200"
> > yesterday - 200 albums that every music lover should own.
> >
> > <http://www.definitive200.com/200_list.php>
>
> Wow! A craptacular list of corporate schlock, er, rock.
>
> Let me guess: the people who compiled this list are white people over
> the age of 40. Where is the reggae, world music, punk, dance, bluegrass
> and other genres of music?
>
> The Dixie Chicks have 3 albums on this list? Well, at least REO
> Speedwagon didn't make the cut.

Yeah but fucking Kenny G did. **FUCKING KENNY G**

> No Fugazi? No Dead Kennedys? No Ramones?

No Joy Division? No Stone Roses? No MC5 or Stooges?

They probably think punk is represented because they have Green Day.

Just about every Led Zep album though. Shocker. I like Led Zep but there is too much good music to put more than one on a list like this. Beatles too.

At least the only Dylan I saw was Blood On the Tracks.

This list ought to compile some essential listening and reading lists, if that wouldn't be considered too bane for such a heady list discussing economics and politics and the regular Hilton sister gossip from Doug. :-P

Matt

-- PGP RSA Key ID: 0x1F6A4471 aim: beyondzero123 PGP DH/DSS Key ID: 0xAFF35DF2 yahoo msg: beyondzero123 http://blogdayafternoon.com

In small proportions we just beauties see, And in short measures life may perfect be.

-Ben Jonson