[lbo-talk] 200 greatest albums of all goddamned time!

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Thu Mar 8 07:09:27 PST 2007

> How about we start a thread where each person lists ten of their
> favorite albums?

I'm game. I think by "album" you'd pretty much have to mean that there are no songs you'd skip over when listening to it. It needs to be a complete work start to finish, not necessarily the album with the best songs by a particular artist, and not something you can program your iPod around.

I can't rank them 1-10; heck I can't even get it down to just 10.

How about 10 from the 80s:

The English Beat - I Just Can't Stop It Psychedelic Furs - Talk Talk Talk Dexy's Midnight Runners - Searching for the Young Soul Rebels Young Marble Giants - Colossal Youth Husker Du - Zen Arcade Billy Bragg - Back to Basics Elvis Costello - Taking Liberties Joe Jackson - Beat Crazy The Teardrop Explodes - Kilimanjaro The Smiths - Hatful of Hollow XTC - Skylarking

Wait, I guess that's 11. Sue me. Taking Liberties was released in 1980, but mostly recorded in the late 70s. So how about 9 more from the 70s ...

Blondie - Blondie The Velvet Underground & Nico - (eponymous) The Ramones - Rocket to Russia Elvis Costello - This Year's Model Roxy Music - For Your Pleasure Specials - Specials The Clash - London Calling Talking Heads - 77 Patti Smith - Horses

/jordan