[lbo-talk] US consumption (was barbaric?)

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Mar 8 09:27:39 PST 2007

On Mar 8, 2007, at 12:13 PM, Carl Remick wrote:

> I picture London these days as being much like Las Vegas

I was in London in November 2003 and thought it was great - and much better than my previous visits in 1981 and 1989. Man, has the food improved. Of course, I was staying in the then-uberhip neighborhood of Shoreditch (is it still?), so maybe I was getting an unrepresentative view. And maybe hanging out for an evening with James H biased me.

Sure was expensive, though - even to someone who lives in Manhattan.

Doug