[lbo-talk] 200 greatest albums of all goddamned time!

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Mar 9 09:16:58 PST 2007

Doug Henwood wrote:

> On Mar 9, 2007, at 10:33 AM, Blackmail wrote:
>
> > I'm on another list of music industry bigwig types and even they're
> > laughing at this sorry attempt to recommodify albums either
> > everyone owns [or has owned].
>
> But they're such crap, with a few exceptions, that I didn't own about
> 195 of them! And I wouldn't even download them for free, much less
> pay for them.

There are some substantial posts from me in the archives, which I wont try to dig up now, arguing that valuations which offer negatives are essentially an attempt to claim superiority to other people, and are therefore ethically suspect. The only ethically allowable judgments are positive judgments.

Carrol