[lbo-talk] 200 greatest albums of all goddamned time!

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Mar 9 12:58:20 PST 2007

Doug Henwood wrote:

> On Mar 9, 2007, at 12:16 PM, Carrol Cox wrote:
>
> > There are some substantial posts from me in the archives, which I wont
> > try to dig up now, arguing that valuations which offer negatives are
> > essentially an attempt to claim superiority to other people, and are
> > therefore ethically suspect. The only ethically allowable judgments
> > are
> > positive judgments.
>
> Who's the better poet? Edgar Guest or Ezra Pound? e.e cummings or
> John Milton. If the former in both pairs, or if it doesn't matter,
> then why did you devote much of your professional life to studying
> the latter?

Pound and Milton are interesting poets to read and talk about. Why pull in others?

In particular, why pull in others withou even bothering to talk about Milton and Pound?

Ny answer to the last question is pull in Guest all by himself to sneer at the subscribers to the Free Press who turned first to his poem on the editorial page. No otyher purpose is served by taling about him.

Carrol

P.D. Justin is right, two-fingere typing creates a lot of typos. (I corrected one, Carrpl)