[lbo-talk] abortion poll

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 9 15:25:28 PST 2007

Doug Henwood wrote:
> On Mar 9, 2007, at 4:14 PM, Jordan Hayes wrote:
>

>> Doug says:
>>

>>> even a radically pro-abortion guy like me is uncomfortable with the
>>> phrase
>>> "for the hell of it."
>>>
>> I think you have a warped view of what it means to be a "radically
>> pro-abortion guy" ...
>>

> Free abortion on demand, no questions asked. I just don't think that
> for most women it's a procedure undertaken for the hell of it. Is
> that warped of me?
>
> Doug

If it's no questions asked how would you know if the reason was "for the hell of it"? Anyway this pretty much makes your position clear. Free on demand, no questions asked is certainly a radical position in the US. I too doubt many woman get an abortion for the hell of it but if they do it doesn't make it uncomfortable.

John Thornton