[lbo-talk] U.S. News & World Report cooking the numbers on college rankings

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Sun Mar 11 21:19:45 PDT 2007

The Cost of Bucking College Rankings http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/03/09/AR2007030901836.html?referrer=email

I probably never could have gotten into a regular university today with my grades in high school. I took a heavy dose of college prep classes, but I was one of those underachieving students. I finished near the bottom of my high school class and got into the University of Kansas because they took any Kansas high school graduate who got a minimum score on the ACT.

I managed to get a Master's degree somewhere along the way. ;-)

Chuck