[lbo-talk] tech advice, eX propeller beanie alert

Tim tim_boetie at fastmail.fm
Tue Mar 13 20:42:09 PDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-03-12 at 20:23 -0800, Chuck Grimes wrote:
> Graphics, but no video. Well, I went looking around this morning and
> found a GeForce 7900GS, which looked about right. I am a little
> worried by the display card and drivers under whatever Xorg uses. The
> old XFConfig was quite to get going.

If you're not playing games, onboard video will almost certainly be fine, particularly if you're doing 2D rather than 3D stuff (if you're doing video work, you might benefit from a fancier graphics card, I'm not sure; for design, I really don't think you'ld get any benefit from a separate graphics card). And Intel's onboard graphics chipsets have probably the best support of any card under Xorg.

--

"Boredom is the threshold to great deeds."

-- Walter Benjamin