[lbo-talk] Iranian underground....

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 06:25:27 PDT 2007

On 3/14/07, Lenin's Tomb <leninstombblog at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 3/14/07, Ansar al-Zindiqi <infidelinfinity at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > This is far from being a dead end no matter which way
> > one wants to cut it. he Apostate Insurgency is happening
> > all over the place nowadays. I should know since I'm a
> > member of faithfreedom.org. How can leaving a totalitarian
> > ideology whose founder was a pedophile, murderer, thief
> > and overall creep extraordinaire and having to hide that
> > revulsion be a dead end? In fact for people leaving Islam
> > the growth of underground cells in every Muslim community
> > is the dawn of a new day and al-Qaeda's worst nightmare. If
> > you want to debate me on this issue then come on up to FFI's
> > forums. There's a lot of rightwingers there but there are
> > also some
> > very smart people who would love to debate you.
> > Can you handle it?
>
> This is bonkers. What you are doing here is insisting that the only
> legitimate opposition to Al Qaeda salafism is apostasy. I am myself
> an atheist, but I don't go round insulting Protestants or insisting
> that they must all be KKK or Ian Paisley acolytes. You are isolating
> yourself politically and intellectually from most Muslims, assuring
> your political irrelevance. I might add that you are also, in your
> manner of handling it, encouraging the racists, and also the
> imperialists who rely on racist, supremacist nonsense about Muslims.
> If you weren't such an irrelevance, I'd say your conduct is
> pernicious.

An ex-Muslim "insurgency" is like an "insurgency" of anticommunists who are former Communists. Building one's social and political identity as merely the opposite of what it used to be is a dead end. It can be lucrative in the West, though, especially if you are gorgeous like Ayaan Hirsi Ali and Irshad Manji. -- Yoshie <http://montages.blogspot.com/> <http://mrzine.org> <http://monthlyreview.org/>