[lbo-talk] Islam and Muslims (was Doug and Islam)

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 21:28:27 PDT 2007

On 3/16/07, Carl Remick <carlremick at hotmail.com> wrote:
> >From: "B." <docile_body at yahoo.com>
> >
> >No one religion has a monopoly on spawning odious
> >groups of violent & coercive people. Christianity has
> >succeeded in that department. It doesn't make sense to
> >focus on one Abrahmic faith, Islam, while ignoring the
> >other two Abrahamic faiths.
>
> Exactly. The three Abrahamic faiths merit equal treatment as being insane
> and dangerous, not to mention impious. I don't see how anyone can claim to
> have a shred of respect for an unknowable God, yet claim allegiance to any
> of these mutually hostile faiths with their idolatrous, presumptuous boasts
> of knowing God's will. These faiths, such an endless source of woe for
> humanity, should rightly be acknowledged as the Three Stooges of the
> Apocalypse.

An atheist pox on all three Abrahamic houses only helps Washington, for Judaism and Christianity are already inoculated against it by the Higher Power in the White House.

What would LBO-talk subscribers have said about Shinto, Buddhism, or whatever faith immigrants from Japan professed back then, even as they were being taken to concentration camps? -- Yoshie