[lbo-talk] Islam and Muslims (was Doug and Islam)

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 15 21:50:51 PDT 2007

>From: "Yoshie Furuhashi" <critical.montages at gmail.com>
>
>On 3/16/07, Carl Remick <carlremick at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > >From: "B." <docile_body at yahoo.com>
> > >
> > >No one religion has a monopoly on spawning odious
> > >groups of violent & coercive people. Christianity has
> > >succeeded in that department. It doesn't make sense to
> > >focus on one Abrahmic faith, Islam, while ignoring the
> > >other two Abrahamic faiths.
> >
> > Exactly. The three Abrahamic faiths merit equal treatment as being
>insane
> > and dangerous, not to mention impious. I don't see how anyone can claim
> > have a shred of respect for an unknowable God, yet claim allegiance to
>any
> > of these mutually hostile faiths with their idolatrous, presumptuous
>boasts
> > of knowing God's will. These faiths, such an endless source of woe for
> > humanity, should rightly be acknowledged as the Three Stooges of the
> > Apocalypse.
>
>An atheist pox on all three Abrahamic houses only helps Washington,
>for Judaism and Christianity are already inoculated against it by the
>Higher Power in the White House.

But I am not invoking an "atheist pox." I am saying that anyone who really believes that there is Almighty God beyond human ken cannot but find established religion -- with its strict, precise definitions of God -- anything but irreligious. If you believe in God, you cannot believe in religion.

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ Get a FREE Web site, company branded e-mail and more from Microsoft Office Live! http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/mcrssaub0050001411mrt/direct/01/