[lbo-talk] DK brouhaha

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Mar 22 08:11:40 PDT 2007

New York Post [Page Six] - March 22, 2007

Punk Conscience

LEGENDARY punk rockers the Dead Kennedys are alive and fighting. Last week, frontman Jello Biafra blasted former bandmates East Bay Ray, Klaus Flouride and D.H. Peligro for licensing their song "Too Drunk to [Bleep]" to play during a rape scene in Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez's new "Grindhouse." Biafra fumed, "Some people will do anything for money . . . I'd sure love to be a fly on the wall when [Flouride] tries to explain to his teenage daughter putting a song in a rape scene for money." Yesterday, the rest of the group hit back, telling punknews.org: "Jello is getting paid extremely well and we challenge him to put his money where his mouth is and donate his share to a woman's cause, if he is truly concerned with the issue."