[lbo-talk] re. subprpime suburbs

James Heartfield Heartfield at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Mar 23 14:28:28 PDT 2007

I should have known that the relatively high home ownership in the US would be transformed into proof of Americans' low incomes. (file under quaint beliefs of the LBOers: US immiseration)

Doug writes:

" it's interesting that the countries with the highest ownership rates are on the periphery, historically poorer countries like Ireland and Spain, and the lowest are at the core, like Germany. The state with the highest homeownership rate in the U.S. is West Virginia, which is our own internal periphery."