[lbo-talk] Elite bashing

Simon Archer simon.archer at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 15:28:33 PDT 2007

JH wrote:

> Redirecting people's bad experience of capitalism overall against one
> particularly obnoxious representative is a qay of reconciling people to
> the
> system itself. It plays the same emotional role as the anti-Semitic
> propaganda against usury did in pre-war Europe.

I don't know, there is not enough elite bashing and in some ways Connie B was a representative part that. Up here social statistics tracking wealth were cut in the early 80s to about the 1990), so the data became unavailable just as, as some say, plutocracy became an accurate description again. Words like rich and poor were dropped from daily reporting, investigative journalism emasculated, and Black was right in the middle of driving that agenda up here. Sure, it ain't objective conditions or the fifth international, but in his case there is something, well, representative in the trial beyond the usual lifestyles of the rich. -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20070323/bec04ca0/attachment.htm>