[lbo-talk] Ehrenstein on Obama

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 23 23:50:11 PDT 2007

Chalk it up to an unrealistic pipe dream, but how about getting rid of the folks elected into the congress of representatives of the owning class, and trying to build an alternate system of delegates, recallable stewards, etc., that represent community and working class interests, federated across geographic space, that would undermine and -- if necessary -- directly confront the overgrown, grotesquely bloated social club of professional state managers that continue to inflict nothing but misery and death upon us domestically but also onto others across the world?

You know, the old solution that still seems pretty sensisble to me today, but for which everyone else is waiting for someone else to lead the way for them, like Moses or Eugene Debs or something.

Let's do it! If "lead the way" is your gut response to this, then you don't get it.

-B.

andie nachgeborenen wrote:
> Definitely it's time to elect a new people. The ones
> we have are totally irresponsible and don't deserve
> our efforts at liberating them from the crimes they
> are complicit in or the the oppression they
willingly