[lbo-talk] DK brouhaha

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 24 01:19:03 PDT 2007

Jello has done some stuff that ain't so great to the ex-Dead Kennedys members (he lost a court battle for withholding reveues and was found not adequately promoting the DK's back catalog, often a lifeline to ex-bandmates' financial well-being) -- but in this case I have to say I side with Jello. A DK's song played during a rape scene in a movie ("Grindhouse") made by the increasingly-loathsome & creepy Tarantino? Yuck.

Even Entertainment Weekly has described the movie as "Killer babes, blood, and body parts!" With an attending, downright ditzy, video at: http://www.ew.com/ew/inspirations/video/player/0,,20018143,00.html that doesn't really bolster my confidence.

Maybe next Discharge can lease out some songs to scenes depicting neo-Nazis bashing ethnic minorities.

So, whatever his recent flaws, Jello seems to be in the right on this one.

-B.

Dennis Claxton wrote:

> Good for Jello. The movies would be a better place
without these