[lbo-talk] Left wing loathing for the working class (Was Re: Zizek on normalization of torture)

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 23 23:53:11 PDT 2007

There seems to be a whole lot of left wing arrogance and condescension going around. You guys really hate the working class, don't you? There _are_ really privileged Americans, and most of them are white, but they are not anywhere near 35% of the population, and they are far too sophisticated to listen to Rush or watch Faux. Those people think that Rush-Faux are crude and vulgar. They read the NYT, the WSJ, the FT, watch CNN, and listen to NPR because they think commercials are crass. The 20 million or so in Rush's audience (more like 10% of Americans, btw) and the however many millions who watch Faux may be bigots, but they sure as shoot ain't privileged. They work for lowish wages and live on the edge of Chapter 7, not in a bubble of happy privilege. You can annoy them if you want, but maybe it would be better if you tried to organize them. That would really annoy the ones who are really living in that privileged bubble.